StarDustMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of this guys?

2 posters

Go down

What do you think of this guys? Empty What do you think of this guys?

Post  Nyancat Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Well one of the people in my school, has offered me to host our forums. He is planning to setup a video sharing site, and he said there will probably be extra resources, so he asked if I was interested in hosting something. So, I said we will be setting up a phpBB forums. However, it'll cost me $8 month. And the RAM for the VPS is 512 MB. Bandwidth usage is 1 TB. So, what do you guys think, should we take it? It will be $8/month (if we use a 512 MB VPS).

UPDATE: According to what Razeen said before, the video site takes a lot of resources. The guy who offered me the deal said it shouldn't take that many resources, since you could embed a video, but anyways, he is intending to get more RAM, but money could be an issue.

As I get more information regarding this, I will update my thread with all the information.

Nyancat

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this guys? Empty Re: What do you think of this guys?

Post  razeen Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 pm

it really not that bad an idea but yes as i mentioned videos do take up alot of bandwidth especially sites dedicated to them. If the video site is more like the terms of youtube i suggest you do not do this but if not then its alright. Need any help/suggestions let me know.

NOTE: if u need the $8 i am willing to donate if truely needed.
razeen
razeen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyancat Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:17 am

I'd say my deal with him is off. We could use donors, but not for this purpose. Maybe for something else...

Nyancat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down